Partners from the NC Department of Environment & Natural Resources
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences – coordinator and sponsor of the Take a Child Outside initiative.
- Office of Environmental Education and Public Affairs
- North Carolina Aquariums
- North Carolina State Parks
- North Carolina Zoo
- Division of Coastal Management
- Division of Marine Fisheries
- Children & Nature Network – National organization dedicated to connecting children with nature, co-founded by Richard Louv.
- NC Children and Nature Coalition – has been leading the effort for the NC Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights
- Saving Kids from ‘Nature Deficit Disorder’ – podcast of NPR’s Morning Edition featuring Richard Louv. The interview with Louv starts 7 minutes into the podcast.
- National Wildlife Federation Green Hour – Discovery Journal, Activities and Blog encouraging unstructured outdoor play time for kids.