Take a Child Outside Week
September 24—September 30 Annually
Take A Child Outside is a program designed to encourage children and adults to spend time together outdoors. By giving parents, grandparents and teachers information on outdoor activities and places to go, our goal is to help children develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment and an enthusiasm for exploring the natural world.
- connects children to the natural world
- helps kids focus in school
- reduces chances of obesity
So take a child outside!
On this site you can:
- find participating organizations in your area
- get ideas for outdoor activities
- learn more about our partners from the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources
Come, be a part of this international movement!
This program is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and held in cooperation with partner organizations worldwide.
For more information or to offer financial support, contact Liz Baird, Director of Education, at 919.707.9893.